Fabric Friday

So when I have lovely new fabrics to show you, I'll group them together into this Friday slot (which accidentally didn't get posted until Saturday this week!).  First up is Maker by Art Gallery Fabrics with scissors and zippers and pins.


Gossamer by Sharon Holland for Art Gallery Fabrics has two beautiful gentle palettes which you can see side by side in the photo below.  


Hello Bear by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery Fabrics is all about bears in the woods and has the most gorgeous Racoon prints as well as a wonderful autumnal palette.


For those of you who have signed up to (or would still like to) the Mini Quilt Club I am designing with Sew Hot, the fabrics below are the ones we are using for the next three months.  Vintage Market by Tashanoel for Riley Blake ... 

 

 ... Modern Minis by Lori Holt for Riley Blake ... 


... and 60's Scrapbag by Emma Jean Jansen for Ella Blue.


Meanwhile another of my favourite shops and a sponsor of this blog, Amanda of Westwood Acres set up a club called "I want her stash" where 12 designers through the year pick a beautiful bundle of fabrics and design a quilt block that could be made using those fabrics.  Last month was the turn of Nicole from Modern Handcraft ... 


 ... and this month was my turn.  I love a simple black and white background to a quilt with a few fun brights thrown in - I chose reds, pinks and aquas but could equally have added orange and chartreuse into the mix as well or instead. 


And now some beautiful new lines from Moda.  The first is Nocturne by Janet Clare and reminds me of dark, stormy British seas. 


For anyone who hasn't seen Modern Backgrounds by Zen Chic for Moda, there are two of the most amazing lines coming out.  In the lighter one, you get a whole low volume range of background fabrics in one hit and the darker one does the same for greys and blacks.


Some of the new lines from Moda seem to be working really well together such as For You by Zen Chic and Meadowbloom by April Rosenthal.  


And the same goes for Lorraine by American Jane and Varsity by Sweetwater.


So what fabrics do you have your eye on at the moment?!

Comments

  1. Oh my - they're all gorgeous!!! Love that color palette of For You... and those Modern Minis are going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well most of these for a start! Love Maker especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oh my oh my --------- who could resist any of them! I am currently auditioning fabrics for a black and white optical illusion quilt - will have splashes of something - maybe chartreuse or raspberry, so those would be super. I would be so nice to make a quilt when you have actually won some! Never have, but there's time

    ReplyDelete
  4. What have I got my eye on? Well before reading this post there wasn't anything but now..!

    P.S. Those Modern Background bundles look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)