Siblings Together for girls

Hello, I'm Joanne and I'm hijacking Lynne's blog today to ask for help with blocks for a quilt or quilts for Siblings Together.  Now, I'm not going to say too much about the charity, other than it does an amazing job working with separated siblings in the care system that NO ONE else seems to do. Both Lynne and Mary have written really great post detailing the outstanding work Delma and her colleagues do.  As Mary asked last month for boyish blocks, I'm asking for girlish blocks, generally I hate gender typical colours, but we really need to make sure all children are thought of.  So, I'm collecting Churn Dash Blocks like these:


Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew has very kindly said I can direct you all use her tutorial to make the blocks. 
[Churn-Dash-Block-Tutorial-Cluck-Cluc%255B2%255D.jpg]

These are unfinished at 9½" and not only are they great for using scraps up, but really quick, I made these 5 in no time.  If you feel inclined to make one or two blocks for the quilt (I need about 49 blocks per quilt) I was thinking of this colour way:
sorbet_churn_dash
So, yellows, purples, pinks and turquoise with any neutral or low volume background.  I put a fussy cut in the centre of a few blocks and background fabric in the others, I would just be so grateful for any contributions.


I know that sewing time is precious, so I really do appreciate any help with blocks that you can make, after seeing the photos of children with their own quilts after their residential camps, I really think it is a special way to give to a charity, in time and fabric.


You can email, Instagram, Twitter or leave a comment on my blog for contact details if you find a block or two on your cutting mat! Thanks so much! 

Comments

  1. This is a great idea Joanne. And with 2 girls I have lots of pink & purple fabric! I will make sure I do a couple of blocks for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to help! when do you need them by?

    ReplyDelete
  3. condensed expression in the face, hell looked like cheap, can not cheap ray ban sunglasses clearance believe the sale of the ray ban sunglasses clearance sale leg of the coffee table near stiffened plate to kick ray ban sunglasses clearance sale Originally ray ban sunglasses clearance sale younger brother who is still laughing immediately stunned,. On one second also seems to dream, to determine the next second she is still a reality. ray ban sunglasses clearance sale sale have been ray ban sunglasses clearance sale angry because he jumped on the sofa, thundered loud fart, you bunch of lazy waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)