Abakhan Projects on a Budget

In this economic climate, we are all thinking about what we can and cannot afford to make, what fabrics we can and cannot buy, what notions etc.  Well how about coming up with some ideas for projects on a budget?  THIS FEATURE IS NOW OPEN WORLDWIDE.  Here's the idea.  You head on over to Abakhan Fabrics and pick out £20 worth of anything that takes your eye.  We send it to you free, you make, photograph and write a tutorial to go on my blog.
So here's what you need to do:

1.   You can now be anywhere in the world to participate in this challenge!
2.   Leave a comment on this post telling me what you would like to make using £20 worth of anything from Abakhan.
3.   In a few days from today, I will choose a winner who will have one month to choose their booty from Abakhan, make something and write a tutorial.
4.   Don't be disheartened if I do not pick your idea this month, there are always other months.
6.   The item can be anything at all - clothing, quilted or non quilted items - anything crafty at all really.
7.   Be as original, as traditional, as creative or as simple as you like.
8.   And this month's theme is Picnics anything at all to do with picnics and all the paraphernalia that goes with them!

Comments

  1. A picnic themed cross stitch using the Aida Fabric Pack 14 count Cream 30 x 45cm 12 x 18" & Lesur Stranded Embroidery Cotton Assorted Pack would be what I would try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the Linen Look Cotton Check 2 Aqua 110cm at £8.35/m...
    That would allow me 1.8 m of this lovely linen, and with that I could make a nice A-line skirt with contrasting buttons down the front and pockets out of my own scrap fabric, plus a lining in Plain Voile White 150cm, £2.80/m. I'd make something along the lines of this picnic skirt: http://www.tillyandthebuttons.com/p/picnic-blanket-skirt.html
    That'd be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd make a fresh French country garden inspired cushions for the wooden church pew in my garden. A delicious mix of their pretty florals and rose patterned cottons would make a perfect compliment to summer afternoon tea or a relaxing glass of wine with friends on a balmy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make a kite with that ripstop fabric!! It would be great entertainment on a picnic and fun for a windy day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)