Catching up on Blocks

When I get back from summer holiday, I have that anxious feeling that I'm behind on everything and have to catch up quick.  So I had a bit of a block blasting and got all caught up.  First up was a block for Leanne She can quilt.  She asked us to make a little improv something or other and then surround it by an expanse of neutrals.  She said keep it simple but I wonder if I kept it too simple.


Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 14.49.02

Next up was a block for Corey, aka Little Miss Shabby.  She asked us to make this string star and even has a tutorial for it on her blog if you'd like to try it.  Cutting out the strings from scrap baskets seemed to take me forever and a day but actually putting the block together was quite quick.

Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 14.49.49

And then I had two blocks from the Amitie BOM The Gypsy Wife.  Once again, I changed the original fabrics around to make a slightly different block than Jennifer Kingwell had designed.  The first should have looked like this:


And my version looks like this - and I'm happy with how this one came out.

Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 14.49.59

The second should have looked like this. 


And my version looks like this - a bit of a fail on my part with this one - I haven't got the fabrics sorted properly, the contrast didn't work and the block just looks a bit blurred really. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 14.50.07

Comments

  1. I think you did a great job on all your blocks! I love the little improv with the neutral surround.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne will love the block
    The rest are pretty stunning too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks, but totally in love with the one for Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my block, it is just perfect! Truly perfect, thank you. And that last one is good, it is just more subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did well on all the blocks, but I love the block for Leanne. I want to do something like that. So many ideas, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first block with all the neutral fabric is perfect and the star block so different ~ really all the blocks ~ you do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really fancy trying that star. its really pretty. you have doena great job with all the blocks i think

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE that neutral/simple block!! Absolutely stunning! I want to make a whole quilt around that idea now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am utterly in love with the block you did for Leanne and the one you messed up? Love it! but then maybe I'm a little messed up too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great mix of blocks there! Loving the star =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the star block - i tried to download your templates but it seemed to be taking forever, is there any chance that you could e-mail them to me; serenityquilts@fsmail.net thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool blocks, Leanne's is going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really love the string block - I am terrible at saving my scraps but when I see lovely blocks like this it makes me think that I should...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the blocks! I read your post yesterday but couldn't comment (Blogger wasn't playing!) and when I saw the final block today it had grown on me overnight ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could frame that top one and have it on my wall. It's totally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)