Would you like to win some Aurifil?

Yes indeedy.  We all love to win some Aurifil and now you can choose your own prize.  Hot on the heels of (and blatantly copying) Laura Quokka Quilts fabulous Fat Quarter Shop pick-a-bundle competition and then Katy Ginger Monkey's Pink Castle Fabrics pick-a-bundle competition, I am here to announce the Aurifil Make-A Designer-Collection competition.  Inspired by their wonderful 12 spool Designer Collections, you will have the chance to make your own collection.  Here's what you have to do.  Firstly, go to this page containing all the Aurifil colours of your dreams.  You can then click on your 12 favourite colours, download them to your computer, upload them to flickr and drop them into a big huge labs mosaic like the one I have made here.  Mine is a 50wt collection, designed for applique and called "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden" as I would use it to sew my Rose Garden quilt and I would sing the song while I was making it.  Go on, you know you want to "I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden, along with the sunshine, there's gotta be a little rain sometime."

My Aurifil Faves

Upload your mosaic to the Aurifil Competition Flickr group and make sure that the thread colours show in the description so we know which ones to send you if you are picked as the winner.  In the description you might want to add (i) which weight of Aurifil your collection is designed for; (ii) your blog url if you have one; and (iii) a name for the collection.  These are not compulsory.  You can design as many collections as you like and enter as many times as you like.  Our two fabulous judges will be the two ladies from whom I blatantly stole this great idea, Laura and Katy.  You have precisely two weeks to get your collections in.  The winners will be chosen and announced two weeks from now on 18 April and will each win an Aurifil Designer Collection suitcase containing their collection in the weight of their choice.  Good Luck!

Comments

  1. another great competition - love the colours you've chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh go on then :-)

    Loving the new header btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goody - I'll never say no to Aurifil threads
    Off to play now ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I click on the link, it says 50wt at the top for all of them. Does that mean that they are all 50 wt or do the same colors come in all the weights? Or am I missing something completely?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love love love your new blog header/logo!!

    Love Aurifil, would love to win some so I’m off to play some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - gorgeous bundle of loveliness there. This should be fun although more difficult than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is lovely! And my what a nice header . . . again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool new header! I recently used 50 wt Aurifil for the first time and it was great, so "YES" I'd like to win more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this, had great fun taking part! Love the new header - is there a new button too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun! You inspired my music theme too! I named mine Ice Cream Castles from Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell. She happens to come from here as well. Bet you are singing it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to go around singing that song as a kid. This is going to be a fun contest. I've already got 2 collections up. I'll probably do several more. I just can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I wish I had time to make multiple entries; but, I don't. I made up one entry and it was loads of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This giveaaway is waaaay to techy for me. I couldn't possibly enter this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness - that's wasted another hour of the day, but I did it! Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to enter this contest but it's way to technical for me!
    :( Could I just list the colors and the name for the collection?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Abbigail & Karen...not all of your followers are hi-tech wiz-kids. How about a way for "tech-challenged" folks to enter??

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I may never sleep again. All I can think about is sets of 12 thread colours. I wish the reds looked more vibrant in the catalogue...I'm having a hard time with all that orangish-red, Miss Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like fun! Can't wait to pick my colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just finished my collection and it is was so much fun!! Thanks Lynne. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)